Cancer Financial Assistant Links

Since many people coming to this site are looking for immediate financial assistance, we are publishing direct links to this information to lead to Cancer Resource Mama, a site we have helped launch. The woman responsible for Cancer Resource Mama has worked tirelessly to do this research   These links open in a new tab:

Financial Assistance

State-Specific Financial Assistance

Diagnosis-specific Financial Assistance

Breast Cancer Financial Assistance

Thank you Cancer Resource Mama!

18 Responses to Cancer Financial Assistant Links

1. Terry December 2, 2015 at 11:36 pm #

I’m having trouble getting around with my older car keeps breaking down I’ve got cancer prostate I have to travel about. 40 miles one way for radiation treatment I need a dependable car can you help

2. Karen Rice March 18, 2016 at 2:17 am #

Hello;

I’m a two-time cancer survivor who is looking to “just take a break”. I’m not sure if there’s any programs out, which I’ve searched, for older women who have survived cancer and would like to take a short/inexpensive vacation, just to breathe.

All the programs I’ve noticed are for sick children with cancer and that’s totally understandable; but even as an adult who have had their lives turn upside down for over x8 years, can barely pay their bills, while driving a x20-25 yr old vehicle, because she can’t afford to make payments on a newer one, would love to take a break/vacation, if not only, to not think about her situation, but can’t afford it. If anyone know of such a thing/company, that may grant or help with vacations for an older individual, please forward info to me.

K. Rice

3. Anastasia May 7, 2016 at 8:41 am #

Would like to attend my family reunion June17th to the 21st South Lake Tahoe my daughter and

Anastasia
    510 4861294

4. Anastasia May 7, 2016 at 7:05 pm #

It’s a great day in my neighbor hood writing to ask for help going to my family reunion in Tahoe June 17 and ending June 21 my daughter and I would love to attend it will be at the Ridge resort we would like to take the train and rent a car if you could help that would give us joy

Anastasia
    510 4861294

5. Delia May 15, 2016 at 9:45 pm #

Hello all.

Just had surgery #4 after 3 prior and radiation. Have neuropathy and lymphedema as a result of treatments and this is just for stage 1. I am looking to go to school and take a certification course and if anyone knows of any scholarship assistance for a 42 year old that would be helpful. All the assistance programs are for stage 3 & 4 or high school kids looking for scholarships. Thanks.

6. satnam gfeller May 17, 2016 at 4:40 am #

Delia,
    Apply at your local DVR -department of rehabilitation office and they can help you pay for school.

7. Debra Gutshall December 15, 2016 at 4:07 am #

i have stage 4 andenocarcinoma…lung cancer which in turn spread to my brain. I have had surgery to remove brain tumors and still receiving treatment on my lungs. i cannot drive …cannot work…all i get is SSD which isnt enough to cover what i used to make when working…i could really use some help to cover my home bills.

8. Lorvonia Montgomery January 20, 2017 at 9:44 pm #

My name is Lorvonia Montgomery and I’m getting treatment for 4th stage andenocarcinoma..breast cancer. I have been battling for over 20 years now at this stage because of treatment I’m weak and acceptable to infections. I need assistance with my bills especially my rent.

9. Amy January 29, 2017 at 4:24 am #

My name is amy. Have stage 4 breasts and liver cancer. Need help with my bills during chemo. Doing chemo every three weeks . Unable to work right now

10. debra brown February 23, 2017 at 11:53 pm #

My nephew has leukemia and has to have dentaal work before receiving bone marrow. He is sceduled to go back to hospital in a week or so. He had a root canal and now cant afford to have the permanent cap put on also has to have 5 more fillings. Trying to find him some financial assistance immediately. He lives in Lebanon Tennessee.His name is Jack Harris and is being treated at tri star sarah cannon cancer center in nashville tennessee. thanks

11. sherry March 6, 2017 at 11:55 pm #

hello.. ive been reading up on other who need help so i thought i would give it a go..i do have breast cancer talking to surgeons. chemo. plastics surgeons.my first surgery couple weeks they {doctors] talked about. first i will be having a bone scan and a ct scan.i live with my son early 20s trying to find way to help him with bills and trying to find where they might donate a car i do not have one . he works i do not accept him to take off for me.. He would in a heartbeat as a mother i wont do that to him.. if i could help a little that would be wonderful maybe your organization can help. thank you ……

12. Dena Byrd March 26, 2017 at 8:57 pm #

Hello my name is Dena Byrd and I am 44 years old, this is my second time with colorectal cancer and the cancer hospital is 3 hours away in Houston, Texas. The financial aspect of this disease is horrible as well as the physical. Each time we go to Houston, the trip is no less than $900, I get a monthly disability check of $1500, which includes monthly bills, meds and being a single parent. My family has helped financially as much as they could, they also have bills of their own and no one in my family nor extended family is “rich” by far… I’m begging for help, I know this hospital can get me where I need to be health wise, they are one of the best in the country and I need to stay with them, matter of fact, the charity hospital is further and more expensive for lodging and such and I almost died there 6 years ago…. please help me in the best ability of your charity, thanks and God Bless

13. Deborah April 16, 2017 at 3:23 pm #

Hello. I am currently in treatment for Stage 2B breast cancer. Have undergone a double Mastectomy, Radiation and continued Chemo therapy. I will be completing treatment in next 6 months. I am in need of a home. I live with my sister right now but do not have room for my college age child to have his own bed. I’m hoping to eventually purchase a home but may need to rent in order to save up for it. More than anything I would greatly appreciate any referrals or assistance with finding a home for me any my son. Thank you!

14. Charleen A Lincoln May 11, 2017 at 5:38 am #

I have colon cancer and thyroid cancer need help paying bills and my car is 13 years old and on its last legs I also would just like to get away anyone know of organizations to help

15. Peggy Mitchell May 12, 2017 at 8:03 pm #

I need help paying my medical bills. I am on social security and my bills are more than I get every month. I have breast cancer that has spread to my lungs. Please help.

16. Wanda Davis May 27, 2017 at 2:19 am #

I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer and bone cancer. Also, it has gone to other parts of my body. I’m need help paying rent, utility bills, car note, insurance policy with New York Life. I go to treatment on a weekly basis. My mobile phone and other things around my apartment will be cut off. Have no idea how I will communicate with my Dr.

17. Melissa Istre June 11, 2017 at 10:51 pm #

Hello my name is Melissa 2 weeks ago I found out that mother has small cell lung cancer that has spread to liver already.. We are still awaiting the results of her pet scan and brain ct to see if it has spread to any other organs … She has started her chemo and will be having a lot of other scans and test. We travel to Lafayette for some of these treatments. My mother is on a fixed income and I am currently waiting on disability. The vehicle that my mother has is very old and falling apart. I am very afraid it won’t last much longer. I am asking for any assistant that can be given to my mother in getting a car . Thank you for your time and God Bless

18. Shayleen Billings August 9, 2017 at 4:14 pm #

I’m a mom of 3 and have been struggling since I may when the removed a cancer mass from my colon and found out that it had spread. I’m currently going through chemo and radition which is making me very sick. I haven’t been able to return to work and I’m worried because we are struggling to get bye. If there is anything that could help us right now it would be greatly appreciated.