Free Products and Make-up Tools for Cancer Patients

“Look Good … Feel Better” will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesday.

scarvecancerJosie Stamp, a semi-retired cosmologist conducts this session on skin and hair care, as well as wearing headscarves.

In addition, participants will receive how-to handouts and free products and make-up tools, as well as scarves and hats to cover hair loss.
The co-sponsors are the National Cosmetology Association and the Personal Care Products Council Foundation.

makeupcancer

“Healthy Skin Management Before, During and After Treatment” will run from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. June 17.

Radiation therapist Deborah Sugg will present the regular support group program geared to longer days of summer sun.

Refreshments will be served at both sessions, which take place at the Cancer Center, 114 Columbia St. in Corning.

Guthrie Cancer Center in Corning plans two programs this month to help cancer patients.

Information: Call Cheryl Hollenbeck at (607) 937-3100.

, , , , , , , ,

72 Responses to Free Products and Make-up Tools for Cancer Patients

1. Laura Williams November 9, 2009 at 4:32 am #

Hi- I had seen on your website that you have free scarves to cancer patients.
    My grandmother is 79 years old and just found out this year that she has anal cancer. She is the sweetest kindest person you could ever meet. Her hair is almost completly gone from the chemo treatments and she is so insecure about this since I have never seen her hair out of place. Her hair was always perfect. We have tried the regular scarves but they are just too small and she is constantly retying them and pulling them down on her head.
    Is there anything that you can do to help my grandmother?
    Anything would be truely appreciated.
    Laura

2. admin December 14, 2009 at 2:26 am #

I will see what I can do. Please send you address

3. Shannon Deo February 14, 2010 at 8:01 pm #

Hi, I have Evasive Ductal Carsinamo, I had my double Masectomy on Jan 21 2010 after 8 months of some harsh Chemo. I am currently in the process of breast reconstruction and will have chemo till Oct 2010. I live in Portland Or so I wouldn’t be able to attend your classes. I love the idea of Cosmetics and and creams. It alwaysmakes me feel better when I look nice. I was wondering since I am so far away is there anything you can offer somebody like me??

4. patricia kutsch February 23, 2010 at 12:36 am #

i have three dear friends who have cancer and help you could give wood mean a lot. thank you

5. Tammy Johnson March 4, 2010 at 5:01 pm #

We found out that our mom has cancer about 2 months ago. she has been really sick with only 3 chemo treatments. She is now loosing her hair and I know this happens but we have no idea what kind of head dress will be right for her..My parents are on a low income and I was searching for some help, any help would be greatful…could you please let me know if you still have free products or anything..thank you so much

6. Bridget Allen March 17, 2010 at 8:04 pm #

My grandmother is a very sweet caring person, and we found out that she has breast cancer, we wereonly aware of one lump but when they went in forthe surgery she had two lumps one was hid behind the other, they also had to remove 15 out of 16 limp nodes. We have been trying to help her cope with this the best way possible. She has lost just about all of her hair and she is constantly concerned about the way she looks, so we are always trying to boost her up, if there are any kind of programs i can get her signed up in for free materials please let me know. It is greatly appreciated and God Bless.

7. Tammie Mullinax April 5, 2010 at 5:45 pm #

I am about to take my fourth treatment for breast cancer, then I will have four to go. I’m in desperate need of scarves, I have exhausted all my funds trying to find hats but they don’t look right or feel right. The only thing that does feel right are the scarves. I have one that i wear all the time. Could you help? Do you offer make-up?

8. Kristine Lewandowski May 4, 2010 at 5:00 am #

I seen your site and could use your help, Cancer Fairy Godmother.

November 2009 Valerie, our beautiful daughter,at 26 was diagnosed with small cell carcinoma cervical cancer and started radiation treatments and chemo 3x’s a week now. Small cell carcinoma is a type of highly malignant carcinoma usually associated with the lung, though it can be associated with other topographies, such as in cervical cancer When my daughter started losing her hair she went to Locks for Love in hopes of having a wig. Once she found out there was nothing they could do for her because she was to old, she told them to cut it off to donate anyway. She told them to take off as much as they could (24 inches) and use it for a child who needed it. i know you don’t know my daughter, but this is very typical of the woman we are proud to call our daughter. We have been planning Valerie’s wedding . Her wedding was to take place in May of this year 2010. Now her wedding dress hangs in a closet covered in plastic, alongside all of the items we have made and collected for the wedding and reception, which are placed neatly in plastic bins… in an empty bedroom. It had been transformed into a wedding room for Valerie, but now a wedding that was meant to happen… is off, indefinitely. because these 2 kids love each other so much we are putting together a mock wedding for them in Aug 2010. she wont marry him for real because he will be left with all the Dr. bills when she’s gone, sadly they have only given Valerie 7 Mo’s to live There’s a saying and I heard once that will forever describe my daughter, “It’s not how many breathes that you take in life…but it’s how many moments that take your breath away…” Valerie has the ability to take your breath away with her unyielding kindness. Everyone she comes in contact with is blown away with her ability to love life and the kindness she shows to everyone she comes in contact with. Anything you could do to help, or to point us in the right direction, i will be grateful and it will be truly appreciated.
    Kris

9. colleen Porvaznik May 25, 2010 at 6:27 pm #

My sister was just diagnosed with terminal lung cancer, she started chemo and is loosing her beautiful hair. She is on a fixed income, she is 65 years young. This web sight said that you were giving free scarfs etc.
    Please help my sister.
    God bless you for helping make life more normal for cancer patients. My sister lives in Bethel, MN. I live in Flowery Branch, GA. I live so far from her and I worry so.
    Thanks.
    Colleen

10. MARY SCHWOLSKY July 24, 2010 at 3:53 am #

HELLO, I was breast feeding my youngest daughter when she was 14 months and i went for a yearly papsmear when the doctor found a lump in my right breast. I thought maybe it was a closed duct until i found out i had breast cancer. what a surprise! this was a couple of years ago but is always on my mind.

p.s. I wound enjoy any products you could sendy me

11. Janelle Smith August 17, 2010 at 3:30 pm #

My name is Janelle. I am 24 years old and I was diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Carcinoma. I had a double mastectomy on 3/31/10. They determined that I had stage 2B breast cancer. I have been undergoing chemo since May. I love your program and I think it is a wonderful thing that you do for women in this unfortunate situation! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

12. Norma Diggins September 12, 2010 at 10:09 am #

My brother is undergoing treatment for throat cancer. He is having a lot of problems with sore throat and cannot eat. He uses a feeding tube right now, and is having to always keep his mouth wet. Any ideas of what to do for him? His address is Richard Modert, 1097 Southern Rd in Bronson, Michigan 49028. Since the food he has to use is expensive, do you know of free things he can get for helping with the dry mouth, etc….

13. Bernie Moss January 25, 2011 at 12:15 am #

My wife of 30 years is undergoing treatment for Breast Cancer. She was diagnosed in july 2010. In september they found a mass in her right lung and the drs arnt sure what it is. She has lost all her hair and could really use a wig that we cant afford at this time. Anything will help.
    Thanks,
    Bernie Moss

14. Barbara Wild March 16, 2011 at 1:52 am #

Hello., I am writing regarding my identical twin sister who is in her first stages of Chemo for Triple Negative Breast Cancer. The Double Dense dose of the treatments is making her extremely sick and unable to get out of bed to do anything. I feel that she needs something to motivate her in some way to hold on. Insperational music, stories, nice bedding, something pretty to smell …IS there anything that you could do for Nancy to make her feel prettier than she feels. It would mean so much to both of us if you could!
    Thanks
    Barb Wild

15. Patricia Cobb April 3, 2011 at 4:18 am #

My 30 year old cousin has been fighting melanoma for the last 9 years. She has been doing very well with it until just this last week. She was rushed to the hospital due to shortness of breath. The doctors found a massive melanoma spot growing on top of her lung. It is big enough, that it is smashing her lung and making it very difficult for her to breath. She decided to try and make the journey to Florida where she could get better care. Her doctors didn’t think she would make it there. Next week, she will begin a 6 day stay in the hospital for some major chemo treatment. The doctors said she will be losing her hair. She has asked me to gather up some scarves since it is so hot in Florida. I was just wondering if you could help me out with a scarf to start her off with? Any item to send to her would be great.

16. william j. briggs April 11, 2011 at 6:22 am #

MY DAUGHTER WAS DIGNOSED WITH CHRONIC MYLEOGENEOUS LEUKEMIA ON 2-14-2011.EVERTHING IS STILL ALL NEW WITH US.KRYSTAL IS ONLY 17 AND A JUNIOR IN RED OAK HIGH SCHOOL.SINCE BEING DIAGNOSED,OUR LIVES HAVE CHANGED MORE THAN I CAN SAY.I JUST WANT TO BRING A LITTLE SUNSHINE TO HER. IN SCHOOL, SHE CARRIES A 3.98 GPA AND HAS MORE COURAGE THAN MOST.WILL YOU PLEASE HELP ME WITH GETTING HER SOME MAKEUP AND SUCH . SHE WOULD BE SO PLEASED.THANK GOD FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELVES AND ALL YOU DO.THANK YOU

17. Randi Kelley April 12, 2011 at 3:25 pm #

Hi there…I’m writing on behalf of my friend who was just diagnosed with breast cancer. The cancer has spread to her lymph nodes, pancreas & spine. She is the mother of 9 beautiful children and she is 43! Anything you can do to help would greatly appreciated! I saw that it said something about a free hat and makeup…anything you can send would be great!

Thank you!
    Randi Kelley

18. hats and scarves for cancer patients April 13, 2011 at 3:18 am #

I have one friend with breast cancer. I can recommend this stuff to her. I am sure she will like it. I think it is very good idea thanks for your information

19. Linda L. April 19, 2011 at 2:24 am #

I’d Love to know how to Survive the brutal Side effects.. From Triple Negative Breast cancer! 3 brutal Chemos & Radiation! And it hurts so bad at my ‘port site! I hurt so bad from Head to Toe! And a mouthful of needy teeth, a infected toe, neuropathy, Chemo hot flashes, Pricking pains, muscle spasms, dropping things, can’t use my hands, feet or knees, to move get up or down Etc.. Unbearable Pain! We’re jobless. Down on our luck and have no income! I live to hope for Prevention and the Cure once and for all for all 200 cancers!!

20. Jackie April 20, 2011 at 3:45 am #

Hi, I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction of getting a really good scarf for my grandmother! She just had brain surgery to remove 1 of 3 tumors. 1 more in her brain and 1 in her lung. They had to shave her head and she refuses to let anyone see her that way. They are going to perform radiation treatments soo the scarf would have to last some time. Please if you know of a good brand, shop, website, etc let me know. ( it would really help if it was not very expensive either) thank you soo much.

21. Jamie May 2, 2011 at 1:33 am #

Hello, I was just diagnosed with breast cancer 3 week ago. I’m only 30 years old, and not taking it very well. I found your site offering free scarves. I know I don’t live in you area and would not be able to attend your meetings, but I would appreciate anything you would be able to send me. Thank you so much for your time.

22. donna May 2, 2011 at 10:42 pm #

I woulsdlike to know how to get free scarves for cancer patients. I am an ovarian cancer patient/survivor. thanks

23. donna May 2, 2011 at 10:42 pm #

I would like to know how to get free scarves for cancer patients. I am an ovarian cancer patient/survivor. thanks

24. Melissa Bickel May 2, 2011 at 11:34 pm #

My friend Aundrea has leukemia and it’s on going. She also has other diseases associate with this such as lupus, fibromylgia and recently she had brain surgery to remove clots.

She is on chemo and her hair is falling out. I was wondering if she could get some of your products. I’m a poet of sorts and in exchange I’d be happy to create poems for cancer survivors to cheer them up for your helping me. Thank you so much
    Melissa R. Bickel

25. Susie Auvil May 4, 2011 at 2:52 pm #

I need help with finding finanical aid and products for my sister who has stage3B breast cancer.She has no income..Any help is greatly appreciated…Thankis

26. Teresa Weger May 17, 2011 at 1:06 am #

I was diagnosed with stage three inflammatory carcinoma of the breast. I was wondering if it is possible to received maybe a scarf as I no longer work and have no income. I hate to ask but don’t have anywhere to turn. I used to be a mammographer in the breast care field so I see what it does for these ladies to receive even a little help. Now I’m on the other side of the coin being a patient and ask for your help.

27. Teresa Weger May 17, 2011 at 1:10 am #

what do I do about makeup? won’t it cause troubles with skin care?
    can I use specific kinds?

28. Edna Hawk June 14, 2011 at 9:56 pm #

My sister in Minn. just diagnosed with lung cancer, I have read where you give a free scarf, she would love anything that you could send her, I am also looking for things to send her and intent to purchase a scarf from you for her.

Thank you.

29. Claudia Pena June 20, 2011 at 1:30 pm #

I’m in need of a wig not know the High cost of them I went shopping for one just to find out how incredibly expensive they are. I cannot afford it and my insurance does not cover them. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I’m 38 yrs old I just had a bouble mastectomy and will start my 6 mos. of chemo right after the 4th of July. I will have to go to work during the chemo. Thank you truly
    Claudia Pena

30. Brandy Norman August 8, 2011 at 6:18 pm #

Hi, my friend was just diagnosed last week with leukemia and has already started chemo. She is dreadfully worried about her hair loss and how her 6 year old’s new school friends will react. I was just wanting to get more information on the free headwear and make-up, so I can pass it on to her or surprise her with some free gear.
    Thank you!
    Brandy Norman

31. ELANE STEGALL November 4, 2011 at 5:00 pm #

I have had ovarian cancer and went thru harsh chemo. My hair has not come back like it should and would love to have your free scarf and anything else to brighten my day. Thank you and God Bless.

32. barb wild November 8, 2011 at 3:58 am #

my identicla twin sister had triple negative breast cancer and has gone chemo and radiation both. She is a depressed as anythig because she doenst think she is going to make it to see her son graduate. She is worried sick.

33. Sherri Domiano November 21, 2011 at 2:29 am #

I was diagnosed with Brest Cancer this week and have to have a Double Mastectomy, I am having reconstructive surgery at the sametime which I am greatfull for. The big thing I am worried about is the Chemo and loosing my hair my hair is one of my best assets. I can not afford to buy a wig and I know I will not come out of the house without one. Can you point me in the right direction, I heard some places give free wigs. Please Help

34. Lynda December 6, 2011 at 7:56 pm #

I have been fighting Ovarian cancer since June, stage 3 and have had chemo and surgery and the results have been great, now I find out I still have to do another year of chemo. I have been really blessed! I read where you send free scarves to cancer patients, I will be going back to work soon, thanks for any help you can give me.
    I do not live close to attend your classes.

Thanks

35. Michiko sanchez December 7, 2011 at 6:41 am #

How do we get free stuff for cancer patients?

36. Michiko sanchez December 7, 2011 at 6:42 am #

How do I get free stuff?

37. Diana Flowers December 28, 2011 at 5:45 pm #

Please tell me how I can get scarves. I am in desperate need. Thank you

38. Stephanie December 29, 2011 at 6:05 pm #

We just found out yesterday that my mom has stage 3 cancer. We find out more details wed, but it’s in her lymph nodes. Her neck is swollen really bad and she had her first chemo treatment yesterday as well. We don’t live in your area where you Have your sessions but saw where you have free hats and makeup, that would be amazing for me to be able to give her though you. It’s all so new to me and it’s nice to see people like you who put yourselfs out there for others. It really is a blessing. Prayers for my mom please.

39. Wendy S December 29, 2011 at 10:38 pm #

Hello I am 27 yrs old and just had a baby boy in September I found out i have ovarian cancer in oct 2011 I have had surgery and now started chemo last wednesday. I was wondering if you know anywhere I can get help with money/grants/make-up?

40. admin December 29, 2011 at 11:42 pm #

Hello Everyone!

Happy Holidays, and I am extending my heartfelt prayers that people have been able to find a way to get some enjoyment from this years holiday season. This time of year has been traditionally dark for me, and I have done my best this year to change things around.

I just wanted to suggest this service I have discovered: The National Cancer Institute Help Line 1-800-422-6237 as a way to get some of your questions answered regarding help with money, grants and support.

I want to apologize to everyone that has come to this site seeking money or access to resources that would ease your financial burden. This is just a website put up by Tonya Sue Carther a few years ago before she succumbed to her own fight with Cancer. I have left pretty much all the content and writing that she originally put into the site, and due to the way Google and the other search engines index the web, this site comes up quite a bit for people searching for free goods and services related to fighting cancer.

Not a day goes by that I am not trying to come up with a way to find funding to be able to make this happen. Unfortunately, I am just one person, and I do not travel in the circles of rich philanthropists, so I do not know anyone with the kind of cash that this site would need to start even doing the basics, like producing free wigs, bra prosthetics and stylish head scarves, let alone money to help people with cancer treatments.

If you are one of these people, who has access to the rich + the wealthy who are kind of heart with money to give (Angels), please mention this site and have them contact me to discuss possible options. This site is entirely and act of love and memory, and I know there are many sites out there like this one.

In the meantime, I apologize again for not being able to give anything more that information regarding Cancer resources as they come up in my radar. If you have any information about resources that would help others, please post or email me, and I would happily publish the intel on this site for people to find.

May all of you find the blessings of health, joy and happiness for the new year.

The National Cancer Institute Help Line 1-800-422-6237

41. Jennifer Thorpe December 30, 2011 at 6:28 am #

I have breast cancer and plan to shave my head soon. I have no income and not sure if you have any thing in my area. I would love to be able to get a free scarf or other products that may help ease things from treatment. Is there any way I can get some help?

42. Tami January 3, 2012 at 8:45 pm #

There is a website that gives free hats and another that gives scarves. I am not affiliated with this website at all but found it helpful for information. This is the website that has compiled a list of freebies for cancer patients…I hope u all find it helpful and god bless!

43. kimberly January 16, 2012 at 9:03 pm #

Hi, i am 34 yrs old and i was reading about free scarfs and things for cancer patients. i was recently diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinima stage 2 only because it was 2.1cm. there was none found in lumph nodes, thank you jesus!! i started chemo last week and have 4 months of chemo left. i was wondering how to get the free scarfs. the oncologist explained i have about 1 more week left of hair and i have 2 scarfs, but they are so expensive and of coarse insurance does not cover these. any help would be greatfully appriciated. god bless you:)

44. TEAMMOYE February 8, 2012 at 6:27 pm #

thank you so much for the info.i am a bonemarrow patient.I tell people that i am on assignment.i am a single mom i lost my bff in 12/08-went to chemo with her,then lost my dad02/09,to prostate cancer,he decided not to tell anyone,but i knew somthings had changed,i decided to go to med school,my mom had been in nursing home after having heart attack.i decided to go to med school,3 month before graduating in my hemo class,i was ASSIGNED(diagnosed) with bonemarrow cancer.i stayed inthe hospital and at cancer centerHope lode for a year,MY CHILD COULD NOT COME.i was blessed to have awesome people take care of him,they only gave me 6-12 live.i am thankful to be here.thankful for your websit.we lost everything in storage auction,but we are so blessed with GRACE/FAITH/FAVOR.any information you could forward to me would be great.i dont have a computer but able from tome to time to check email at teammoye2010@gmail.com,but i can get mail with any information at 1515 Pleasant Hill RD DULUTH,GA 30096.GOD BLESS YOU!!!

45. dennis clemens February 27, 2012 at 12:36 am #

i am a 62 year old veitnam veteran named dennis whose dying of bladder cancer,im not getting much money and i need financial help,can anyone let me know of how to apply for government grants for personal needs? my email is tarisadawn@live.com and my address is 4751 violet rd.apt.6toledo,ohio.43623 for any donations make payable to dennis clemens,thank you and god bless you.jesus saves.

46. Costello March 20, 2012 at 3:26 am #

Cancer can be fix with other methods but…
    Costello

47. T. Cole April 16, 2012 at 9:35 pm #

Hello, I have lupus and have lost over 80% of my hair. Do you guys assist people with lupus?

48. admin April 30, 2012 at 3:00 pm #

Hi T,

We will try and help anyone in medical need. We have no resources to give out at this time, could you post some links dealing with Lupus, or places you visit on the Web that you have found useful so we can list them on the site?

God bless you!

~ Nak

49. patricia magee May 22, 2012 at 1:02 am #

my 88 year old mother has had 3f chemo sessions for non hodgkins large b cell lymphnoma and is losing her beautiful silver hair and would love a turban that is pretty to make her feel better about herself during this difficult time she still wears her makeup and looks hot for a woman her age thanks and anything you could do for her would be great my 85 year old father who has altzeimers fell in love with her at first glance he still calls her beautiful after all these many years theres is a love story that hopefully ends happily ever after

50. RJ Farley June 3, 2012 at 6:50 am #

Please help me. Chemo 3 time have made me loose 30 lbs I look like a very sick women who will die, even though I don’t feel too bad at times. I have black cicles under my pale/tranlosunte skin. Have a few eye brow yet ans a fewer even eyelashes only to learn that before Chemo started I could have uses something to help. I have asked for a wig but have gotten no were with the ACS=American Cancer Socity.
    Please I am 40, I need help. I hate to scare the kids, The kids collected 20 pony tails from school friends they want me to get a wig made, CAN you PLEASE help with this? I have the real hair. Even my own Please help, Please I am runnig out of hope, help and time.
    Sinceley RJ Farley (865)940-0444 RJ Farley 885 Isabell Drive, Dandridge, TN 37725