Many have asked the cancer fairy godmother about finding federally-funded health care centers for those who have no insurance. One such site is http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/. Here you will find health centers that provide:
1. checkups when you’re well
2. treatment when you’re sick
3. complete care when you’re pregnant
4. immunizations and checkups for your children
5. dental care and prescription drugs for your family
6. mental health and substance abuse care if you need it
Health centers are in most cities and many rural areas. Type in your address and click the ‘Find Health Centers’ button to find health centers near you.